Sudden or long-term trauma can overwhelm the body and mind, causing prolonged periods of physical and emotional distress, chronic pain, poor health and feelings of grief, rage, helplessness and hopelessness. At Durango’s Hope Chiropractic & Yoga, we help you work through the physical and psychological manifestations caused by trauma and restore hope, inspiration and trust in your natural ability to heal.
Recognizing Trauma Injury & PTSD
“Trauma is the great masquerader and participant in many maladies and ‘dis-eases’ that afflicts sufferers,” says Dr. Peter Levin, trauma specialist and author. “Unresolved trauma is responsible for the majority of illnesses of modern mankind.”
Even though the actual trauma incident is in the past, trauma residues are alive in the present as undigested, unexpressed, unresolved and trapped energy in the brain, nervous system, muscles and body. Headaches, insomnia and chronic hip and back pain and other ailments can leave us feeling anxious, helpless, hyper vigilant, exhausted, and unable to relax or restore.
Trauma Recovery & Injury Prevention
One of the keys to trauma recovery lies in restoring and releasing trapped energy in a safe, gentle way through autonomic regulation and rebalancing of the brain, nervous system and musculature. New research in the field of neuroplasticity and neurological resilience offers hope for those who have suffered trauma, loss or accidents to not only survive and recover, but also thrive in life, health and hope again.
Durango’s Hope Chiropractic & Yoga Therapies for Trauma Recovery
Whether you’re suffering from a physical or emotional injury from past trauma, there’s good news: your brain, body and nervous system want to heal and are capable of restoring balance and equilibrium naturally. As pioneers in chiropractic and yoga healing therapies, we use both traditional and non-traditional methods to synergistically enhance your recovery. Below is a list of the customized approaches we use for trauma recovery.
Trauma recovery techniques:
- Specific, precise, non-force chiropractic release techniques focused not on bone manipulation, but releasing the tone or hertz frequency of trauma (balances, restores and regulates the brain and nervous system)
- Gentle, restorative yoga therapies that liberate the accumulated stress and trapped energies that compromise health and well being
- Insomnia relief and sleep enhancement techniques
- Neuro-emotional stress release techniques (addresses, corrects and replaces trauma residues in posture, muscle memory and emotional reactivity)
- Muscle memory recovery and restoration
- Psoas and muscular “fight-flight-freeze” release techniques
- Vagus nerve reactivity reduction via gentle, tonal chiropractic
- Auriculotherapy (or needle-less acupuncture) using micro-current stimulation on the auricule of the ear to reduce chronic neck and shoulder pain, headaches, muscle spasm and restore balanced brain chemistry and endorphins
- Natural brain chemistry and neurotransmitter enhancement
- Meditation, yoga therapies and breathing techniques that relax and regulate the brain and nervous system
- Customized practices to cultivate presence and restore your lost sense of self
- Resolution of trauma-induced visual field blockages
- Sustainable do-it-yourself solutions and at-home exercises for empowering self-care
Beyond your Story: Help for Pain, Stress and Trauma: Become More of Who You Are
SEPTEMBER 14th 6-8 and 15th 10 AM – 3 PM
Dr. Keneen Hope
A safe, intimate environment to accelerate your healing process. Gentle yoga, posture and breath work, inquiry, journalling and exercises to relax your fight, flight, freeze response. Reduce pain and stress and improve, sleep, moods and energy.
Preregistration required. Class size limited to 10. Smiley Studio 10.
For general questions, click here to contact me or set up a free initial consult.